From its beginning, the Frontiersmen Camping Fellowship, has featured skilled craftsmen. Rendezvous will showcase these talented members. From clothing to hand forged tools and from powder horns to beaded moccasins, members can submit handcrafted items in six categories. The top three entries for both Young Bucks and Old Timers in each category will earn a winner’s ribbon. The top three overall entries will be recognized as “Best in Show.” Get busy on your entries today!
- Clothing: Knit caps, buckskin pants, hunter’s frock, calico shirts, warshirt, moccasins, leggings, military uniforms, etc.
- Accessories: Possible pouches, powder horns, belts, woven straps, quivers, lanterns, tin and copper items, necklaces, beading, quill work, etc.
- Weaponry: Rifles, tomahawks, knives, war clubs, long bows, arrows, swords, etc.
- Blacksmithing: Hooks, knives, hawks, flint strikers, trekking kits, squirrel roasters, etc.
- Art: Paintings, carvings, scrim, engravings, quill work, drawings, wood burning, etc.
- Woodcraft: Boxes, chairs, benches, tables, ID staffs, etc.
Frontier Skills Demonstrators
Some of the best frontier craftsmen in America will be showcasing their skills in producing authentic frontier clothing and accouterments. Learn how to hammer forge a nail, tan a beaver hide, and more.
Check out a variety of frontier wares from our Rendezvous vendors in the vendors row. Pick up a calico shirt or a new tomahawk handle. A great variety of products will be available for purchase.
Silver Dollar City Excursion
Silver Dollar City, a popular family-friendly theme park in Branson, MO provides a special discount rate to groups. This could be a great addition to your rendezvous before or after the event. Details can be found on the Discount Flyer or the Silver Dollar City web site.